April 04, 2014

Week 34

March 29th, 2014

























How far along:
34 weeks!

Baby is the size of a:
Canteloupe

Total weight gain:
29lbs on the doctor’s scale.   

Maternity Clothes?
All the way!

Stretch Marks?
No

Sleep?
Pretty miserable. 

Best moment of the Week:
Finally having health insurance with maternity coverage! I can’t even tell you what a relief that was, I was counting down the days!
Also, getting our baby shopping done and starting to wash some of his clothes and blankets.

Movement:
Constantly. I wonder if he ever sleeps? :)

Food Cravings:
Nothing new.   

Belly Button in or out:
In – barely!

Gender:
Sweet baby boy!

Symptoms:
Backaches, Rib Pains, getting out of breath easily, frequent restroom trips, exhaustion, and  just being miserable any way you look at it. I’m hurting constantly, but my doctor said it was all normal and I know it could always be worse.
On the other hand, I’m getting really sad thinking about how this belly is not going to be there for much longer! I don’t like the pain that comes with it, but I just LOVE looking at it, touching it and seeing the baby move. I’m not ready for this pregnancy to end!

Anything Making you queasy or Sick?
Luckily not! 

Have you Started to Show yet?
I’d say so!   

What I miss:
Being comfortable in bed and sitting down without hurting. I miss sleep (which I know will get worse...ha!), soda and bending down without getting out of breath.

What I'm looking forward to:
Our maternity shoot next week and our birthing class on the 12th. 

What I'm not looking forward to:
Labor! I keep thinking about how I will experience the worst pain in my entire life sometime in the next six weeks and it scares the crap out of me.

Weekly Wisdom:
Enjoy the belly while you can!


Wie weit:
34 Wochen!

Baby ist so gross wie eine:
Cantaloupe Melone

Insgesamte Gewichtszunahme:
Der Waage beim Arzt zufolge, 13kg.   

Umstandskleidung?
Nichts anderes mehr!    

Schwangerschaftsstreifen?
Nein. 

Schlaf?
Ziemlich miserabel.   

Bester Moment der Woche:
Endlich eine Krankenversicherung zu haben, die (zum Teil) die Geburtskosten uebernimmt! Ich kann euch gar nicht sagen, was fuer eine Erleichterung das war, ich habe seit Wochen die Tage hinunter gezaehlt!     
Ausserdem unser Baby Shopping erledigt zu bekommen und ein paar seiner Klamotten und Decken zu waschen.

Bewegungen des Babys:
Staendig! Ich frage mich manchmal, ob er irgendwann mal schlaeft! :)

Heißhunger:
Nichts Neues.   

Bauchnabel drinnen oder draussen:
Drinnen..fast flach!

Geschlecht:
Ein Junge!

Symptome:
Rueckenschmerzen, Rippenschmerzen, ich gerate leicht ausser Atem, muss haeufig zur Toilette, Erschoepfung und es geht mir einfach nur schlecht. Ich habe staendig Schmerzen, aber der Arzt meint, dass das normal sei und ich weiss, dass es mir schlechter gehen koennte.
Auf der anderen Seite bin ich sehr traurig, wenn ich darueber nachdenke, dass ich diesen Bauch nicht mehr lange haben werde. Ich mag nicht die Schmerzen, die er mir bringt, aber ich liebe es, ihn anzuschauen, ihn zu beruehren und das Baby zu beobachten, wenn er sich bewegt. Ich bin ueberhaupt nicht bereit dafuer, dass diese Schwangerschaft bald zuende ist!

Gibt es etwas, wovon dir schlecht wird?
Zum Glueck nicht!

Kann man dir die Schwangerschaft ansehen?
Das wuerde ich mal sagen! :)

Was ich vermisse:
Bequem im Bett zu liegen und sitzen, ohne Schmerzen zu haben. Ich vermisse es, gut zu schlafen (wobei ich weiss, dass es nur noch schlimmer werden wird, sobald er hier ist...ha!), Cola, und nicht ausser Atem zu geraten, wenn ich mich buecke.

Worauf ich mich freue:
Unser Fotoshooting naechste Woche und auf den Geburtsvorbereitungskurs am 12. April. 

Worauf ich mich nicht freue:
Wehen! Ich denke staendig darueber nach, dass ich irgendwann in den naechsten sechs Wochen die schlimmsten Schmerzen meines Lebens haben werde und das macht mir Angst!  

Wöchentliche Weisheit:
Geniesse den Bauch, solange du nocht kannst!     




6 comments:

  1. You look like you are ready to pop.... ;)
    I am sure you will manage labor as good as you managed the path you went down to become pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling the same, while obviously I cannot wait to have my baby in my arms, I will be very sad for my belly to be gone.
    I'm finally getting to the stage where people are noticing my bump(only took me to 35 weeks!) and are chatting to me about pregnancy, I'll miss being proud of my belly after all these years of struggling with my weight

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I ever commented on any of your posts. I'm reading your blog since years. ;-)
    I love that you post so much about your pregnancy. Makes me want to be pregnant again too. ;-) (I have two little ones)
    Are you planning on a natural birth? Don't think of it as pain. Think of it as work. Hard work. Every contraction will bring you closer to finally meeting your baby.
    It's not pain because you are badly insured it's pain because of all the hard work. ;)
    I had two natural birth. One at a hospital with doctors and one at a birth center with midwives. Did you ever hear about Doulas? Maybe look into hiring a Souls if you are planning on a natural birth.
    Good luck with everything! You will do great, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doula not souls... Auto correct....

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I will keep that in mind when I get there! :) I'm absolutely NOT planning on a natural birth, I'm going for an epidural as soon as they let me! Ha!
      I considered a natural birth with a midwife at home before I got pregnant, but I can't even imagine right now, I'm super terrified!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy pregnancy and sleep as long as you can. I for sure miss both! :) You look great and don't be afraid of labor.
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!